Saturday, April 6, 2013

This blog has been created to keep 6th graders and their parents up to date with current events, reminders and important news happening in Mrs. Williams's 6th grade class.

My name is Keri Williams and I teach 6th Grade at Leonard Lawrence Elementary in Bellevue Ne.  I earned my bachelor's and master's degrees from Peru State College.  I am a Bellevue native, I have taught for Bellevue Public Schools for the past 18 years.  I enjoy spending time with my family, I have 3 daughters who also attend schools in Bellevue.  I love to shop, go to the movies and watch HGTV.  I enjoy watching my daughters play sports and spending time with friends.

My experience with technology varies.  My Master's degree is in technology, but that was technology from 1999.  Things are very different now-- I try to be brave and try new things for myself but often times I end up frustrated and have to ask someone else for help.  I am slowly but surely incorporating technology into my classroom.  I was always a PC person until the district ripped our HP's away from us and we were left with this MAC--I am so thankful that they did!  I love this thing!  It is fast and easy to use, my own children all have Ipads and Ipods, so I think that we are transitioning into the MAC world.  In my classroom, technology is limited because the students don't have access to technology in their hands on a regular basis.  We have computer lab and I have assigned a few quizzes through Google Docs and that was really successful.  I use the Rover on a regular basis, I project things from my computer to share with the kids--some You Tube videos, some Learn 360, some quick tutorial type things.  I would love to be more "techie" in my room, it is just still the unknown and I dont feel like I have all the pieces to be successful--soon I hope!




1 comment:

  1. I am a 4th grade teacher at Two Springs and I plan on using my blog as a way to communicate with parents as well as students as to what we are learning about. I plan to provide links to my Weebly website, youtube clips, and other websites that correlate with what we have been learning about. How often do you plan to or have you been updating your blog for your students? What kind of information do you plan on providing your studnets? Do you plan to pose questions on your blog for students to respond to? I am looking for more ideas or ways to involve my students and parents with my blog!

    ReplyDelete